After waiting months, today marks the release of the Apple’s first All-in-One desktop: iMac Pro aimed at professionals. The central question is how it looks(like the general iMac but in Space Grey) or how is the performance(fast). We know you’re eagerly waiting for all the dope, so lets cut the chit-chat and get straight to the point. Here’s everything you want to know about the first-ever iMac Pro – from its specs to its price and availability:
WHAT ARE YOU GONNA GET ON iMAC PRO
- DISPLAY: You will get a 27-inch Retina 5K display (5120 x 2880) with 500 nits brightness. Also, a billion colors and support for the P3 color range.
- CPU: You will have a choice of 3 variants of CPU-> 8-Core, 3.7GHz, 11MB L3 Cache; 10-core, 3.3GHz, 13.75MB L3 cache; 18-core, 2.3GHz, 24.75MB L3 cache. All the three variants are from Intel Xenon W series with turbo boost upto 4.5 GHz and up to 42MB cache. So whether you’re rendering files, editing 4K video, creating real-time audio effects or compiling your next five-star app, it all gets done at lightning speed.
- RAM: You will get a RAM upto 128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC. So you can visualize, simulate and render huge 3D models. Create multiple test environments for cross-platform development. Keep numerous apps open at the same time. And slice through data-intensive tasks like a hot knife through butter.
- STORAGE: You will have three options: 1TB / 2TB / 4TB SSD. It lets you work on large 4K and HD projects regardless of codec. And with up to 3GB/s throughput, loading huge files and launching apps is faster than ever.
- GAMING: You will get a Radeon Vega which is over three times faster than any previous iMac GPU, packing the power of a double-wide graphics card into a single chip. All of which translates to higher frame rates for VR, real-time 3D rendering, more lifelike special effects and gameplay at max settings. It’s one huge reason iMac Pro is power incarnate. Here also you will have two options in graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 56 (8GB HBM2 memory) / Radeon Pro Vega 64 (16GB HBM2 memory) with 11 teraflops single precision and 22 teraflops half precision. Also, it has a 400GB/s memory bandwidth.
- CONNECTORS AND EXPANSION: Nbase-T Ethernet (upto 10Gb) using RJ‑45 connectors; 4x Thunderbolt; 3 (USB-C) ports; 4x USB 3 ports; SDXC card slot with support for UHS‑II; 3.5mm headphone jack.
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: Wi-Fi – 802.11ac Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n; Bluetooth – Bluetooth 4.2.
- ELECTRICAL AND OPERATING REQUIREMENTS: Line voltage: 100–240V AC; Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase; Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C); Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing; Operating altitude: Tested up to 16,400 feet (5,000 meters).
- OPERATING SYSTEM: macOS High Sierra. macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS High Sierra brings new forward-looking technologies and enhanced features to your Mac. It’s macOS at its highest level yet.
- AUDIO: Stereo speakers; Four microphones.
- VIDEO SUPPORT AND CAMERA:
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports a full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:
- Two 5120×2880 (5K) external displays at 60Hz with support for 1 billion colors, or
- Four 3840×2160 (4K UHD) external displays at 60Hz with support for 1 billion colors, or
- Four 4096×2304 (4K) external displays at 60Hz with support for millions of colors
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- DIMENSIONS: Height: 20.3 inches (51.6 cm); Width: 25.6 inches (65.0 cm); Depth (with stand): 8 inches (20.3 cm); Weight: 21.5 pounds (9.7 kg).
- IN THE BOX: iMac Pro; Space Grey Magic Mouse 2; Space Grey Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad; Lightning to USB Cable; Power cable.
WHAT IS THE PRICE AND WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE?
The iMac Pro pricing will start at $4,999(approx. Rs.321110) for the base variant with the 8-core chip, 32GB of RAM and 1TB of SSD storage. While there’s no official word on the cost of the higher end models, expect prices to go up significantly. The device is ready for purchase in the US from today onwards. We expect Apple to eventually launch at least some of the variants in other parts of the world in the coming weeks, although, there’s no official confirmation about that at this point in time.
The iMac Pro is the result of a concerted appeal from the developer community for an ultra high-end machine that can be used to run the resource-heavy software. It will be interesting to see how the device is received by its target audience, but the initial impressions seem to be pretty decent.
So that is all we have to say for now regarding Apple’s iMac Pro. If you have any questions, please write them in the comments section. We will try to respond to you as soon as we can. If you liked our post, please like and share it. And subscribe to our site and put the notifications on if you want to receive any further future technological update. Thank You!!!