Root Redmi Note 4
Hi Guys, today I am here to explain to you how to Root Redmi Note 4 and install TWRP recovery on it. So without wasting time, let’s get started!!!
P.S.- This Rooting Method supports only the Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon Version. So make sure before executing the process.
Follow the steps mentioned below to Root Redmi Note 4.
P.S.- Before rooting take a back up of your device to prevent loss of data.
To do this, follow the steps given below-
- Go to Settings-> Storage-> Storage Settings-> Backup-> External Storage
- Then Go back to settings main menu-> additional settings-> Backup and reset->local back up-> click on Backup.
- To recover the data after rooting/ formatting, merely go to local backup and select and click on your backup file as shown there and then click on System to restore system settings and click on Apps to restore apps and app data.
Now you need to have an unlocked Bootloader, to do this follow the below steps
- Go MiUnlock, Sign in with your Mi ID and request for Bootloader open with proper reason.
- Log in with the same Mi account in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- Extract the Mi Unlock tool and launch “MiFlashUnlock.exe” file as an Administrator.
- After opening the app, click on Agree. Enter the same Mi Account details in the Mi unlock app.
After login, Mi will check if your Account has unlocked permissions.
- When you see the Device not connected message, switch your Redmi Note 4 off & boot into fastboot mode by Pressing and hold Volume Down + Power button, release the button as soon as you see “Fastboot” written on the screen.
- Connect the Redmi Note 4 using a USB cable & click on “Unlock” in Mi Unlock tool.
- Wait for unlock tool to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. When the procedure gets completed, you’ll find something similar to this:
We have opened the bootloader on the device successfully.
After that, First Download the Bellow Listed Files on Your PC or Laptop.
Now, Connect the device to the Personal Computer and Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.79-20161211114519.zip and LazyFlasher file into the Micro SD Card or Internal Storage.
Then, Run the adb.exe setup and give it Administrator access, and install with Y, Y, and Y.
Now power off your device and Press Volume Down and Power Button Together for a few seconds until your Redmi Note 4 can boot into Fastboot Mode.
Now Connect Your Redmi Note 4 to your computer through a USB Cable.
Extract the adb.zip folder on the computer, then open the adb folder and press Shift Key + Right click on that adb folder, you will see an Open Command Window there, click on Open Command Window Here.
Now type this command and run it to ensure that your mobile phone redmi Note 4 is visible in the system.
Then type this command and run it
fastboot flash recovery recovery-mido.img
fastboot boot recovery-mido.img
Click Install and then select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.79-20161211114519.zip file and just swipe to install the SuperSU File on your Redmi Note 4.Please be patient, the process takes time.
Go Back and Click Install and Select lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip to ensure that your Redmi Note 4 should not go into a boot loop.
Now, reboot Your Redmi Note 4, and it will take upto 5 minutes more or less.
After the Restart Download the Root Checker app from Play store and check if it is successfully Rooted or Not.
P.S.- Root Redmi Note 4 process may harm or brick your phone. So do it at your own risk. We are in no way responsible for any damage to your device.
That’s everything on How to Root Redmi Note 4 & install TWRP recovery. For future updates on such tips and tricks stay tuned to our site.
If you guys have any questions, please put them in the comments section. We will try to respond to you as soon as we can. If you liked our post, please like and share it. And subscribe to our site and put the notifications on if you want to receive any further future technological updates. Thank You!!!